Thursday, January 1, 2009

Because Famous People Say It Better

This year, I handmade cards for my friends and family. Here are three of my favorites:






The rest of the quote for the last card is as follows:

You have every right to just stop thinking, worrying, looking over your shoulder, wondering, doubting, fearing, hurting, hoping for some easy way out, struggling, gasping, confusing, itching, scratching, mumbling, bumbling, grumbling, humbling, stumbling, rumbling, rambling, gambling, tumbling, scumbling, scrambling, hitching, hatching, bitching, moaning, groaning, honing, boning, horse-shitting, hair-splitting, nit-picking, piss-trickling, nose-sticking, ass-gouging, eyeball-poking, finger-pointing, alleyway-sneaking, long waiting, small stepping, evil-eyeing, back-scratching, searching, perching, besmirching, grinding, grinding grinding away at yourself and just DO.

Don't worry about cool. Make your own uncool. Make your own, your own world."

--Sol LeWitt


I love this quote. I want it on a giant poster to hang in my apartment, to remind me every day that I am the master of my own uncool destiny.

2 comments:

jennifer mao said...

oh man that was my FAVORITE quote from that book

P.B. Jelly said...

This is awesome. A perfect way to start off a blog. looking forward to reading more.